These voltage regulators are monolithic integrated circuits designed as
fixed–voltage regulators for a wide variety of applications including local,
on–card regulation. These regulators employ internal current limiting,
thermal shutdown, and safe–area compensation. With adequate heatsinking
they can deliver output currents in excess of 1.0 A. Although designed
primarily as a fixed voltage regulator, these devices can be used with
external components to obtain adjustable voltages and currents.
• Output Current in Excess of 1.0 A
• No External Components Required
• Internal Thermal Overload Protection
• Internal Short Circuit Current Limiting
• Output Transistor Safe–Area Compensation
• Temperature Range of –40°C to +125°C
• Available here in Standard 2–Lead TO3 Metal Can Package (Casing is ground)
Genuine Motorola parts these came to us as part of a lot of surplus stock from a large ‘Milspec’ type Co. As they have been in storage for some years (date coded 8628), we have classified them as ‘new other’ – though they are in good serviceable condition.
NOW DISCONTINUED! This MC7815CK (K indicates it is in the TO3 steel package) is a rare item indeed, the part seems to be only available these days in the TO220 or the D2PAK surface mount style packages.
PLEASE SEE OUR SHOP FOR OTHER REGULATORS
eg 7805, 7812, 7905, 7912 etc
For full datasheet search:- MC7815CK