These voltage regulators are monolithic integrated circuits designed
as fixed−voltage regulators for a wide variety of applications
including local, on−card regulation. These regulators employ internal
current limiting, thermal shutdown, and safe−area compensation. With
adequate heatsinking they can deliver output currents in excess of
1.0 A. Although designed primarily as a fixed voltage regulator, these
devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable
voltages and currents.
• Output Current in Excess of 1.0 A
• No External Components Required
• Internal Thermal Overload Protection
• Internal Short Circuit Current Limiting
• Output Transistor Safe−Area Compensation
• Available here in a Surface Mount D2PAK−3 Transistor Package
For data sheet search:- MC7805ABD2T
These genuine ON Semiconductor parts came to us as part of a lot of surplus stock from a large ‘Milspec’ type Co.
Having been in storage for a time we have classified them as ‘new other’.